Friday, May 16, 2008

It's Raining, It's Pouring...


I know the weather forecast for this weekend calls for showers and cool gray days. I have two outdoor weddings on my calendar. But I have hope, and I'm doing a virtual "sun dance" on behalf of these two couples. They have such dreams of their beautiful wedding on the beach and the other in a gazebo.

Couples who plan on outdoor weddings need two things:
1. A viable "Plan B" in case of bad weather.
2. A resilient spirit that let's them give up their vision when the odds are their day will be rainy, windy, and generally uncomfortable if they have the ceremony outdoors.

As for me, I am prepared to be cold and damp sometime this weekend...because it's their once-in-a-lifetime day, and it is THEIR decision where to get married.

(Picture above taken by photographer Tonesha Housen. The wedding was for an Australian couple who got married outside Belvedere Castle in Central Park. This bride was indeed soaked to the skin...as was I! But her happy smile after the ceremony was worth it!)

No comments: