Monday, August 11, 2008

The Groom Wrote the Ceremony


As celebrants, we take pride in the skill, experience, and knowledge we inject into each wedding ceremony we create.
So last spring when a groom called me asking if I would conduct the wedding ceremony he wrote himself, I was hesitant. Would I be willing to speak words that weren't my own? After all, what people see and hear when I conduct a ceremony is one of my marketing strategies. It is my work on display!


But I was charmed by this groom, Joe, and the ceremony he wrote because it represented all the love that comes from his heart for his bride, Doreen. He agreed to some fine-tuning that I did to his script, and all three of us were pleased with the final draft.


During the ceremony, one of the unique things Joe and Doreen did was to read their vows in unison. Even though their vows were longer than most...their words were relevant, meaningful, and spoken with feeling.


So on the auspicious date - 08-08-08 - Joe and Doreen were united in marriage at the newly renovated Island Chateau on Staten Island. This facility is run with the wonderful warmth and care that comes from a family-run business...and the lobby, bridal suite, and main reception hall are smashing!




No comments: