Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Our Journey to Cherish True Love


Yiting and Wei-Chun made a journey from their home in California to get married near family and friends at The Ritz Carlton at Battery Park. Some of their family members journeyed from China to join their family for this wedding.

Wei-Chun and Yiting had a phrase on their wedding invitations and their wedding program that their journey to find love had ended...and their journey to cherish love was just beginning with their wedding.

It was a journey for me too to prepare for this ceremony. I'd never met the couple...we talked over the phone and exchanged email messages, but I didn't have a "feel" for their personalities. I was struggling with the pronunciation of the Chinese names and words in the ceremony script...wanting to pronounce names accurately out of respect for them...and also to not seem like I was an idiot!

But when I met them at the rehearsal and watched them interact with each other that day and also at the wedding, I came to appreciate how they compliment each other and truly love each other. I have never seen such an emotional response to saying wedding vows as I saw with Yiting and Wei-Chun. I'm so happy for them.

Ceremony Idea: Wei-Chun and Yiting made gifts to be presented to their parents during the ceremony...their first act as a married couple. The gifts were identical books of picture of them as children, growing up, and as an engage couple. This idea could be adapted for any type of wedding...a thoughtful way to acknowledge all your parents have done for you and how much you love them.




Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: