Wednesday, May 26, 2010

From Western Australia, High School Sweethearts United



Their high school romance ended as so many young romances do, but they never forgot each other. Reunited years later, they decided to come to NYC for a destination wedding.

With two children in tow, Toni and Paul declared their vows along side a lake in Central Park, near the Bow Bridge. They also declared "vows" to the children, as Paul's parents and uncle looked on.

Toni received a Trinity ring from Paul, and Paul's ring is a tattoo of Toni's name...to forever remind him of her love for him and his vows to her.

It was a pleasure for me to reunite with photographer, Missy, from Missy Photography. She photographed a wedding I did last year at the Chart House. I've seen some of her shots from this wedding already...lovely! I really like her shot of the four sets of hands joined together which was taken as the couple made their vows to the kids.

When I was processing Toni and Paul's marriage license in my office, I had to look up on Mapquest where they live - Dunsborough, Western Australia. Wow, it is really far from here...of course! I'm so glad they made the trip so I could meet them and be part of their long awaited wedding day.

Julie Laudicina,Celebrant!

No comments: