Sunday, August 29, 2010

Morning Wedding in the Rose Garden



It was early morning - the time when the Brooklyn Botanical Garden opens just for wedding ceremonies. We gathered at one entrance and walked together to the rose garden. There under a wonderfully shady pergola, Meghan and John said their vows.

Over Meghan's shoulder I saw another couple I'd married about four years ago...with their two beautiful young daughters. It's not often I get to see how my couples develop into families.

Of course, the other distinguishing aspect of this gathering is that John is a tattoo artist -so body art was everywhere. Each tattoo seemed to fit the person. The designs were intricate and full of care and symbolism. You can see John's work under his artist name - Mohawk John.

When John proposed to Meghan, he tattoed "will you marry me" on his knee. Meghan's tattoed her response just below that tattoo. I like that his fingers have tattoos that read "Stay True." That's a marriage formula that I hope works for them.


Ceremony Tip: Early morning (after 9 a.m.) ceremonies in the Brooklyn Botanical Garden are quiet and private. There are several options for dramatic settings, the garden is not open to the public yet, and the permit is not outrageously expensive.

Julie Laudicina,Celebrant!

No comments: