Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Loves Makes it REAL




Andrea and Phil arrived on foot for their wedding ceremony in the Ladies Pavilion in the Hernshead area of Central Park. This lacy ironwork structure is just the right size for an intimate ceremony...just the bride and groom...and me.

Phil was quite dapper...decked out in his formal wear. And Andrea's lovely silk dress with the hemline ringed with flowers was a knock-out. I'm not a fasion maven, but they were delightfully gorgeous on their wedding day. As the Brits would say..."Simply loverly."

But they were rather quiet, reflective, and a bit tearful during the ceremony. Glad I had some tissue...and pleased that their ceremony was so meaningful to them.

I wish them the best as they go back home to London for a couple parties with family and friends, and then off to Croatia for their honeymoon.

Now I can't wait to see the photographs their photographer,Brian Friedman,took. I keep checking his blog everyday...let's see them soon, Brian, because I know they will be stunning.




Ceremony idea: Consider picking a reading from chidren's literature...something that has had meaning from when you first read it. Phil and Andrea picked a passage from The Velveteen Rabbit by Margery Williams...a passage about becoming REAL when you are loved.

Julie Laudicina,Celebrant!

No comments: