Friday, November 19, 2010

Sometimes Things Happen


At the last minute, the wedding officiant for Robert and Whitney could not be there. My friends on the Sales Staff at Nicotra's Ballroom at the Hilton Garden Inn on Staten Island called and asked if I could do their clients a favor...would I please do the ceremony. Without the support they consistently provide, I would have not taken on this work.

Fortunately my calendar was open, and I had just enough time to work with Robert and Whitney to personalize a ceremony for them. I wrote their love story, incorporated the readings they had already selected, recommended marriage vows, and wrote the ceremony's concluding blessings.

Their day arrived...sunny and warm for an autumn day...guest were seated, the procession went off perfectly. Who knew that this ceremony was all put together at the last minute!

Yes, sometimes things happen...and sometimes the solution works out just fine. I know Robert and Whitney were not disappointed in their wedding ceremony.

Ceremony Tip: Robert and Whitney chose several readings for their wedding ceremony. They asked three special relatives and friends to do the readings. These people did a wonderful job of conveying the meaning of the readings which added spiritual meaning for the couple. Choose your readings...and the readers...well.





Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: