Thursday, May 26, 2011

Sweetish...No, Swedish


Central Park...down the stairs to Wagner Cove...it was a lovely spot for Sofia and Fredrik to get married. I was the wedding officiant for this couple who arrived with over fifty of their family and friends from Sweden, Norway, and the US.

Sofia and Fredrik spoke their vows in Swedish. It was the first time I have officiated at a wedding when I didn't know what the couple said to each other. But I could see that the words came from their hearts as I watched their faces. It was a very sweet moment.



With bubbles all around, the license was signed, and I declared them husband and wife. It didn't rain, the filming of a commercial nearby was out of hearing range...nothing got in the way of this marriage. The ceremony turned out perhaps better than they expected...I hope!

Ceremony Tip: The couple had a permit to have their ceremony at Cherry Hill. We arrived at that spot to find it filled with trucks that were part of a filming event. I don't know to fail safe everything when the park clearly didn't check their permit list when they allowed one of these two events. So just know that "stuff happens," and the solution may make the wedding even better.

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!
Wedding officiant for personalized ceremonies

No comments: