Monday, January 5, 2009

NYC - Destination Weddings



Between Christmas and New Year's Day, New York City welcomed two unique couples who came here to get married.

Lisa and Ryan, along with family and friends from Albany, NY, and California, came for their wedding in Central Park. The upstate New York folks arrived by train and stayed at a hotel by Grand Central Terminal.

This couple was very moved by their once-in-a lifetime moment when they spoke their vows. They were surrounded by their family and friends who all joined hands as I called on them to support Lisa and Ryan on this new chapter in their lives.

While it was a cold and gray day in the city, the warmth and sparkle of Lisa and Ryan were heart-warming. The only "cold feet" that day were mine.


In contrast, the next day I met Jesse and Angela who came to New York City from Brisbane, Australia. It was just the two of them in Central Park's Shakespeare Garden for their ceremony.

They came from summer back home...he was a bit tan, and she wore a strapless gown. Wonder of wonders, it was about sixty degrees...so maybe it seemed a bit like they brought a hint of summer with them. They did bring greetings from their parents which I opened and read for them.

Their photographer, Maury Englander, along with my husband were the witnesses. This couple was so handsome that I'm certain Maury's photographs will be stunning. He told me he likes to take pictures of small intimate weddings. Check out his web site.

My husband Joe just hopes he didn't shake too much as he did his best to video the ceremony so Jesse and Angela could share it with family back home.

So my year of weddings for 2008 has ended. I remember each one of you clearly...and wish all "my couples" a very happy new year.

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: