Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Forget and Forgive



At nearly every wedding, someone forgets something. This is a theme lately! Sometimes it's a major disappointment; sometimes it isn't worth a second thought.

It was a romantic wedding at Tavern on the Green, touching love story, beautiful music, two families that have come to enjoy each other...just a perfect wedding for the couple and their guests!

I forgot my camera - so it was a challenge to get a snapshot for my album of all the couples I've married. My husband managed to figure out how to make my cell phone camera work...the picture isn't great (see above), but I have my picture with the bride and groom...and I forgave myself this memory lapse. (So much for the effectiveness of check lists!)

The bride's mother forgot her flowers at the hotel. At the last minute, the banquet manager cobbled together a small bouquet from a centerpiece, something that matched the wedding colors. No one knew; no one fussed.

Ceremony tip: There is a high probability someone will forget a detail at your wedding. Best course of action: See if there is an easy substitution or alternative. If not, go with the flow and don't let this dampen good spirits. Chances are - no one will notice! And most important tip - forgive and forget!

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: