Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Listen to the Music...


Music for a wedding ceremony sometimes seems like a bit of an after-thought. Some couples hire their DJ to provide the music for the ceremony. Some use their Ipod toplay some of their favorites. Nothing wrong with either of these approaches, but once in awhile...there is music that is unforgetable!

That is the case with Duo Ulla & Carlos. When I heard them at the ceremony I conducted last week, it was all I could do to pay attention to what I had to do. I just wanted to listen to them.

Ulla and Carlos are fine-tuned professionals...their repertoire is varied...they are not prima donnas...and their sound is marvelous. After the ceremony they played through the cocktail hour. My husband and I hung out near them just to enjoy the music. Got to find that Chick Corea piece they played as recessional music!

Ceremony Tip: Place more attention on the music for your ceremony. You may find a solo musician or group that will really add to the beauty of your ceremony. It may not add that much to your budget to have excellent live music for the ceremony. Employ a musician...or a duo!

No comments: