Thursday, October 8, 2009

Links, blogs, disclaimers...

The F.C.C. has announced that it will be revising rules about endorsements and testimonials in advertising...particularly as the rules relate to blogs and tweets.

So I hereby make it known that any links to other wedding vendors or venues on this blog, any comments I make about their services, or any pictures of their work...none is related to any payment from them to me. I don't ask for it, and I wouldn't accept it if offered.

In the spirit of full disclosure, I do hope the vendors I mention will create a link to my blog or web site on their blog, and sometimes I ask if they will do so. My experience is that a reciprocal link rarely happens.

Know that if I mention another wedding industry supplier on this blog, it is not connected to any direct financial or economic gain to me.

I'll be looking for the new F.C.C. rules that come out on Dec. 1...and see if this disclaimer is on target. Now I'm going to create a link to myself below, which I think is OK to do...and go make lunch!

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: