Thursday, October 22, 2009

Wed at Noon


Nicole and Thomas had their wedding ceremony at Island Chateau on Staten Island last Sunday...at noon! That's an early start time for a ceremony, so I had to schedule some of my "prep" work for the previous day. I kind of liked it!

Sunday was a rainy day...but the set-up at Island Chateau is bright and cheery so no one's spirits were dampened. I always marvel at how the staff there manages the transition between the ceremony and the reception...all in the same room.

I wrote a few remarks for the ceremony on the keys to a successful marriage...respect, commitment and love. I gave the couple three keys tied together with ribbons that matched their wedding colors. They can use these keys as a Christmas tree ornament...or whatever they want.

Julie Laudicina,Celebrant!

No comments: