Thursday, April 15, 2010

Bridal Expo at Nicotra' s Ballroom


Nicotra's Ballroom, a multi-faceted venue for an entire wedding event, provides prospective brides and their bridesmaids a wonderful expo of all the vendors they may use for their upcoming weddings. It is my priviledge to showcase my services several times a year - just like last Tuesday.

During the evening, I spoke to several couples who are looking for a civil wedding celebrant. Several others looked at my display which included my portfolio, pictures, and ideas for customized wedding ceremony rituals. Who know...they may mention my name to friends!


I loved the opportunity to cross market with fellow exhibitors.

I wore Lauren Kane Jewelry...selected to match my skin tone, the neckline of my outfit, and the lighting in the room. It was difficult to give back the necklace and earrings at the end of the evening. Check out all the pictures of her jewelry for brides, bridesmaids, and mothers of the bride in the most recent issue of Manhattan Bride magazine.


Being positioned right next to the Love Doves at the expo, I got to help their prospective couples get an idea on how a dove release could be incorporated into an outdoor ceremony.

It is always my delight to recommend Piano Stylist, John Rotante. In addition to the wonderful cocktail hour music he plays, his processional music sets the tone for the ceremony and it adds elegance for the entrance of the bride.

And thank you always, Portraits by Joanne, for giving me photographs from weddings I have done. Her pictures tell the story of the wedding ceremony so beautifully.

What a collaborative group...here's to a great wedding season for all of us.

Thought for the day: When you are selecting your wedding venue, ask about their preferred vendors. These people are experienced working together to make all the aspects of your wedding day go smoothly. The preferred vendors also know how to make your venue work for them. For example, I rely on the sound system at Nicotra's Ballroom. It's always there; it always works. So you get the best from me because Nicotra's Ballroom knows what I need and they support me.

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: