Tuesday, April 6, 2010

A Time to Refresh


Even though weddings occur throughout the year, there are definitely times when fewer weddings are scheduled. As winter ends, so ends some cyclical "down time" for me. In addition to cleaning out my files, updating my advertising materials, and editing my web site, I have used this time to do some fun marketing activities.

The sales staff at Nicotra's Ballroom invited me to talk to them about what a civil wedding officiant does, what is unique about my services, and how I can partner with them to better serve their clients. They really treat their couples well and provide first rate service. It's a bonus that they also make my work so easy when I officiate at a wedding there.

A week ago I gave a presentation to Wagner College's Extension Program for wedding and event planners. Marissa Mortimer is the instructor; she is also the owner of Lavish Occasions. The class was energetic about the discussion of wedding ceremonies in general and civil ceremonies in detail. We also talked a bit about what you have to do when you are a "start up" company. Marissa sent me this picture of my presentation to her class.

Tomorrow I am going to jewelry designer Lauren Kane's studio. We are going to explore ways of "cross marketing" what we do. More later...

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: