Thursday, July 7, 2011

Garden Wedding for Outdoor Lovers

When she called to inquire about my services, I asked Katie the name of the groom. "Cody," she said. My neighbor has a nephew Cody, a somewhat unusual name, and sure enough...it was the same Cody. the kid I'd seen at family events next door over the years...now all grown up!

Their wedding ceremony was at Snug Harbor's Tuscan Garden, a relatively new wedding venue on Staten Island. Their wedding party was large...involving their close family and friends...Cody's "posse," small nieces and nephews...it was wonderful.


When I told their love story mentioned their love of outdoors as being one of the things that brought them together. I described Cody's proposal...a lovely dinner, flowers, soft music, wine...and a dance together to music he'd especialy selected. Theirs was quite a romantic story.

It was fun for me to see Cody's aunts, uncles, and cousins in the audience. I usually don't see faces I know during a wedding ceremony. Here are my neighbors!

Ceremony Tip: Yes, it's about kids again! Young kids (4-5 yrs.and younger)in your wedding party don't understand the ceremony...how long it will take, where they are supposed to stand and be sort of still and quiet...what's being said. They want to move around, go to the bathroom, get out of their uncomfortable outfits, etc. You get the picture. Don't set yourself up for frustration...just designate someone not in the wedding party to be a kid helper when they need to just get out of hearing range. Katie and Cody's "kids" were great...but they lucked out!

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: