Friday, July 8, 2011

Well Matched


Jodi and Mark met on an online dating service, and the matching algorythm was right on target. They are well matched to begin the second half of their lives together.

Their closest family and friends joined them at a Spigola Ristaurante in Hamilton Township, NJ, where I was their wedding officiant. (Yes, I didn't really understand it was so far away when they hired me...but I was glad I was their celebrant!)

After a generous cocktail hour, their guests took their seats for the ceremony. The wedding party and I were really right in the middle of their guests...quite intimate.

A memorial candlie was lighted, their selected reading was read, the vows and rings were exchanged...it was just right for them. At one point Mark gently removed Jodi's glasses, ones she'd put on to read a prayer when she lit the memorial candle with her mother and sister. It was such a sweet gesture. Later she did a spontaneous gesture when she kissed his hand just after they exchanged rings. Two really lovely moments I will always remember.


Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!

No comments: