Tuesday, September 11, 2012

I Believe In Love

 
They came from Perth, Australia, to New York City to get married.  Their engagement took place in Bali...so these two significant events in their lives happened in quite contrasting places.

It was one of those really hot humid days at the end of summer...one of those days when you want to stay inside in airconditioning.  But we did not dissolve in spite of the heat.  Roxanne and Ian's "I do" words were clear and firm and their vows were spoken from the heart.  I read the lyrics from a Nick Cave song (an Australian songwriter)...and his phrase "I believe in love" seemed to be just right.

With their friends, also from Perth, as witnesses, the license and keepsake documents were signed.  Well, almost.  Later Roxanne noticed I forgot to sign the keepsake certificate, so we met again in Central Park two days later before I officiated at another wedding ceremony.

Roxanne summarized their relationship with this phrase:  "Someone to love, something to do, something to look forward to."

 
What I look forward to is seeing the pictures Brian Friedman took of this delightful couple's destination wedding in New York City.

Julie Laudicina, Celebrant!
julielaudicina@msn.com

No comments: